Nausea, vomiting, and/or diarrhea have you immobilized or confined to the bathroom? Our Food Poisoning IV Therapy Treatment will get you back to feeling like a functional human again & get your immune system pumping to get your illness in check! Don't forget we make house calls, getting well has never been easier thanks to our Mobile IV Therapy Experience.
What is in our Food Poisoning Treatment?
• IV Fluid – body fluid (blood) provides oxygen, nutrients, and your immune system throughout your body. Fever and inflammation actually causes you to become dehydrated. Additionally, drinking something probably sounds like just about the worst thing in your current state of nausea. Our Food Poisoning Therapy fluid will rehydrate you allowing your body to get your immune system where it needs to be and help you feel better too.
• Vitamin B complex – B vitamins are important to keep up your energy and allowing the immune system to function properly. This is particularly true of the B vitamin pyridoxine (B6) which helps allows immune cells (white blood cells) to ramp up in the face of infection. Additionally, pyridoxine (B6) has been shown to improve nausea so much that it is the first line therapy to treat morning sickness.
• Vitamin B12 – helps make DNA, nerve, and blood cells including your immune system. Cobalamin (B12) acts as an immunomodulator, increasing the number of immune system cells called lymphocytes (white blood cells) for both innate and adaptive immunity. As seen in B12 deficiency, the numbers of these crucial cells are decreased and function poorly. As an added benefit when you’re feeling run down, B12 will also give you a bit of your energy back.
• Vitamin C – is one of the biggest immune system boosters. Like B12, Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) supports the functions of both innate and adaptive immunity. Vitamin C is highly concentrated in your immune system cells but gets depleted quickly when you have an infection due to inflammation and requirements to fight your illness. Vitamin C deficiency significantly weakens the immune system and increases the risk of infections.
• Glutathione – is possibly the most important molecule you need to stay healthy. Glutathione is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent as it inhibits the production of most inflammatory molecules called cytokines. This not only helps treat the pain and aches associated with your illness but also helps keep you from getting sick.
• Zinc – allows a wide variety of immune function including proper function of white blood cells responsible for both your innate and adaptive immunity. Some research even shows Zinc may reduce the duration of your cold by half. Zinc even has some direct effects on your bug and may slow the reproduction of microbes.
• Anti-nausea & vomiting medicine – your illness have you feeling queasy or throwing up? This medicine works directly in the areas of the body to block the transmission of signals in your nervous system that has caused your upset stomach. This medicine is very effective so take solace in knowing your nausea and vomiting should end quickly.
• Anti-heartburn & reflux medicine – is your esophagus burning from vomiting? This medicine will help temporarily decrease the amount of acid secreted in your stomach allowing you to better tolerate the duration of your illness and also relive your nausea.
• Anti-inflammatory, headache, pain, & fever medicine – need something to take care of your aches, fever, headache, and/or generalized pain and do so quickly? That is exactly what this anti-inflammatory medication will do. This is by far the quickest way to get your productivity back and at the least, feeling well enough to function.
Give your body the ideal balance of vitamins and nutrients it needs for normal function, so you can feel your best.
We take the stress out of squeezing wellness into your routine. Our physician directed nurses meet you right where you are.
All of our services are directed by our in-house physician. Dr. Joshua Baker can be reached at 469.769.7101.